From Utah Parks to High Adventure, We'll Show You Where to Go For the Vacation of a Lifetime.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Big Increases in Comfort and Performance with Mad Dog Cycle's Pro Fit

I just spent over 2 hours with Joanie at Mad Dog Cycles getting my Pro Fit for my new Trek Domane bicycle.  She is their in-house expert when it comes to ensuring a comfortable ride.

I'll bet you're like me, you bought your bike off the rack; your salesperson made a few minor adjustments and you were out the door and on the road (or trail).  There is a better way - it's called a Pro Fit.

Joanie checked how I stand, walk, pedal and my flexibility.  These are all important points that need to be addressed when adjusting a bike for maximum comfort and performance.   She then broke out the tape measure to check shoulder width and inseam length to make sure that my new bike would have the right size handlebars and crank arms.  She even adjusted the position of the cleats on my biking shoes.  She explained to me that if they are not in the right spot, they can cause numbness in your feet on longer rides.


This is a great time of year to get a Pro Fit.  The shop is little quieter, making it easier to get an appointment and after this kind of fit, it's a good idea to reduce the number of miles you ride and work back up as your muscles adjust to the new and improved fit.

If you've experienced lower back pain, numbness in your feet or toes, shoulder/neck pain while riding your bicycle or if you've never had a Pro Fit, now's the time to get one!  Call Joanie at Mad Dog Cycles.

801-222-9577





No comments:

Post a Comment